What Chris is up to at the moment...

What I am up to...

8th July 2011

I am currently working hard structuring my business concept for a small to medium business advisory service. The main focus will be upon customer connectivity and service development.

I attended an SIE 3 day start up conference in July, which has helped me out greatly. I also have a great support network helping me construct my thoughts and ideas.

I cannot wait to help out businesses and provide them with tools and assistance to develop their customer relationships and ultimately increase their sales.

Thanks to Fusion Hair Salon, CMSL and Q-Ten for helping me construct my business model.

Chris.

Friday 24 June 2011

Maximising the tweetdeck search facility

I really wanted to find a way to utilise Tweetdeck to find out what people were talking about in a specific area. For example, I live in Leven and I wanted to know what people were saying about the town. A simple search using Twitter or Tweetdeck will give you the result you are looking for, although unfortunately Leven is also ‘Life’ in Dutch! I desperately needed to find a way to control the search by location in order to cut out irrelevant chat.

Using Tweetdeck you can search for a term within a certain radius of a specific location using a Geocode. I had to do a small amount of research in order to do this and I cannot remember what the references are.

Using this technique effectively will allow you to refine your on-line reputation management for your business

Geocodes are not easy to come by although a simple search on Google will provide you with one.

  • St Andrews - 56.33555119444445, -2.796599861111111
  • Kennoway Area - 56.22,-2.98

The term you should use in the search column is this: -

[term] geocode:[value],[value],[radius]

An example for the term ‘Leven’: -

Leven geocode:56.22,-2.98,100km

Result is anyone mentioning the term ‘Leven’ within a 100km radius of the Kennoway area. This proved to be VERY useful and now I can quickly see the relevant chat, thus saving me time and effort from weeding out the irrelevant chat.

I also have searches for 'St Andrews' in the St Andrews area, 'New Hall' in the St Andrews area and many more.

Please feel free to comment on this post.

Thanks for reading,

Chris.


Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment